If your travel plans change, find flexible options to change or cancel your booking on Delta Airlines. But first, get to know about the Delta Airlines cancellation policy and submit cancellation requests without any inconvenience.
Delta Airlines understands the travel requirements of customers. Therefore, the airline provides complete flexibility and lets passengers cancel bookings even on the departure day. Delta Airlines cancellation policy of 24-hours offers free flight cancellation and ensures a full refund depending on the fare rules. If you don’t inform the team about the sudden cancellation, they will not grant a refund for the unused flight. Moreover, you will have to pay the extra fees depending on the cancellation policy.
Details on Delta Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- 1 Details on Delta Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- 2 Delta Covid Cancellation Policy
- 3 Free Flight Cancellations on Delta Airlines
- 4 Delta Airlines Cancellation Fee
- 5 About Delta Airlines Refund Policy
- 6 Contact the Delta Customer Service team for quick assistance
Passengers can enjoy full flexibility when upgrading a flight ticket due to last-minute travel plans changes. Moreover, one can move to the manage booking page when canceling tickets online via the site. Otherwise, talk to a live person and request them for instant assistance when changing or canceling bookings.
Here are the following things to remember about the Delta Airlines flight cancellation policy.
- According to the Delta Airlines flight cancellation policy, passengers can cancel bookings within 24 hours of the purchase for free.
- Moreover, the airline will impose an additional fee for canceling a non-refundable ticket fare. The team will transfer the remaining amount as an e-credit for booking future flight tickets.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to tickets booked from a travel agent, paper tickets, and partially-flown reissued tickets.
- You must contact the airline’s customer service team to cancel a SkyMiles award ticket.
- Most importantly, no one is applicable to change or cancel a Basic Economy flight ticket unless paying the penalty.
- If your flight is canceled by Delta Airlines for any reason, you are eligible to request compensation.
- It may take up to a week or ten days for the team to initiate a refund of the canceled flights.
Delta Covid Cancellation Policy
Delta covid cancellation policy offers extra relaxation to passengers during the pandemic waiver period, expiring on April 30, 2021. Moreover, if you have purchased a ticket on or before April 30, 2021, you can cancel flights before departure. Also, you can travel anytime up to December 31, 2022. Once you have canceled flights, apply for refunds and receive a credit for the full value of the flight ticket. Also, remember that if you don’t rebook a flight and fly by December 31, 2022, your credit will get expired.
As per the Delta Covid cancellation policy, the airline has waived off the change or cancellation fees for award tickets for flights within the U.S.
Free Flight Cancellations on Delta Airlines
- There are no cancellation fees for Delta Main Cabin tickets and above within the U.S., USVI, and Puerto Rico.
- Moreover, Main Cabin and above ticket fare for flights originating from North America to anywhere in the world. It includes flights operating by a joint venture and codeshare partners.
- Flights operating between the Caribbean and the U.S. or Mexico for Delta Main Cabin tickets.
- Most importantly, Basic Economy fares are excluded from free flight cancellation.
Suppose your ticket is not included in the free cancellation policy. In that case, the airline will charge $99 for canceling flights depending on your itinerary. Furthermore, receive the remaining amount as a flight credit in the wallet based on the guidelines of your original booking.
Delta Airlines Cancellation Fee
Passengers can cancel a flight booking within 24 hours of the initial purchase at no additional cost. Moreover, if you cancel after the grace period, the airline will charge up to $200 and $500 for domestic and international routes. You can avoid paying a Delta Airlines cancellation fee by canceling flights before the risk-free period.
How to cancel a refundable flight ticket on Delta Airlines?
Generally, passengers can apply for Delta Airlines cancellations within a few clicks on a smartphone. Moreover, they can simultaneously apply for a refund and enjoy a smooth interface. Move to the manage booking page and follow the given below steps to cancel a refundable flight booking.
- First of all, navigate the airline’s site on your browser.
- Secondly, move to the “Find Your Trip” or Log into your account.
- Next, go to the “My Trips’ section.
- Enter your last name and ticket confirmation code.
- Now choose the flight you want to cancel before departure.
- Click on the “Modify Flight” button.
- Furthermore, hit the “Start Flight Cancellation” button.
- You can now cancel your flight booking.
- The team will drop a confirmation mail regarding your flight cancellation in the final step.
Install the airline’s mobile app and apply for Delta Airlines cancellations within a few clicks on your device. Talk to a live person for quick help.
About Delta Airlines Refund Policy
Passengers are allowed to cancel a booking and apply for a refund before departure. Moreover, cancel tickets on the same day of the departure and obtain compensation based on the Delta Airlines refund policy. If you are eligible for refunds, the team will take at least 7 to 10 working days to initiate a refund. Moreover, you will receive the amount on the same bank account used for the ticket purchase.
How to obtain a Delta Airlines Refund for Canceled Flights?
It takes a few minutes to apply for a refund online. If you have canceled flights within the grace period, you can follow the below steps and receive reimbursement.
- First of all, passengers need to move to the refund request page on the airline’s official site.
- Secondly, you will see a refund request form.
- Fill out all the information and give a detailed reason for your flight cancellation.
- Passengers have to submit a refund request within 72 hours of canceling flight tickets. In contrast, Delta Airlines will cancel your refund without seeking your permission.
Request a refund after 24 hours based on the Delta Airlines refund policy guidelines. The team will initiate a flight credit in the wallet.
What happens when Delta Airlines Cancel your Flight?
Delta Airlines holds the right to cancel flight tickets due to unavoidable circumstances. Suppose the airline cancels your flight a few days before departure because of bad weather conditions, mechanical issues, etc. In that situation, one can claim compensation based on the destination and flight length.
Here are the following things to keep in mind when reaching out to a Flight Representative of Delta Airlines.
- Once the team tells you about the canceled flights, you can claim a refund at no additional cost.
- Apart from refunds, request the airline to arrange an alternative flight the next day for the same itinerary anytime.
- If Delta Airlines cancels flights due to Covid-19, fly anytime within one year of the canceled flight. Moreover, you don’t have to pay extra charges for canceling flights.
- Delta Airlines will issue a refund within 7 to 10 working days at your original payment mode. However, the airline will provide a travel voucher for canceling non-refundable flight tickets.
Contact the Delta Customer Service team for quick assistance
To speak with an expert at Delta Airlines, give a direct call on 800-221-1212. After that, an expert will be there to assist you and help you cancel flights and apply for a refund. If you are a Medallion member, check out the “Contact Us” section and find ways to contact the airline’s team. The team members are ready to help passengers 24 hours and seven days a week when canceling or changing bookings. However, connect with them directly if you have purchased tickets through a travel agent or a third party. To check your refund status, dial 800-847-0578 and file a complaint at 800-455-2720.
Delta Airlines Cancellation FAQs
See More Delta Airlines Related Posts:
- Delta Airlines Seat Selection
- Delta Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- How Do I Live Chat with Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Vacations Packages
- Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
- What is Delta Airlines Last Minute Flights deal?
- Delta Airlines Dog Policy
- Delta Airlines Student Discount
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta?
- Delta flight to Hawaii
- Delta flights to San Diego
- Best Delta Airlines credit cards offer
- Delta Airlines español Telefono
- Delta Missed Flight Policy