Delta Airlines Cancellation & Refund Process
- 1 Delta Airlines Cancellation & Refund Process
- 2 How Do I Cancel My Delta Air Lines Flight?
- 3 How Much Is Delta’s Cancellation Fee?
- 4 Can I Cancel A Delta Flight And Get A Refund?
- 4.1 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4.2 See More Delta Airlines Related Posts:
Plans change- but canceling or changing your flight for that is quite a hassle. Not many airlines offer a flexible policy. However, with Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy, flyers will find it easy to cancel or change their bookings with Delta.
Also, Delta has wholly eliminated change and cancellation fees for all flights (international/ domestic) that originate from North America. However, all basic economy ticket holders will still have to pay a fee, and the rest of the amount will be returned in eCredits.
Please read below to learn how to cancel a Delta Air Lines flight and its terms and conditions.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy Delta Airlines
All tickets purchased directly from Delta get a 24-hour risk-free period to cancel their bookings. It includes reservations for all travel classes. For example, Basic economy fare tickets also get this relief that is otherwise non-refundable and non-changeable.
Rules that apply to the 24 hours as per Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy:
- Passengers will receive complete delta airlines refund against their bookings without any deductions.
- Only tickets purchased directly from the website, Fly Delta app, or customer assistance are eligible for this policy.
- Also, the cancellation request has to be made by midnight of purchase or midnight before the day of travel, whatever comes earlier.
- Travelers will get their money back in their original form of payment only.
- Lastly, the cancellation rule doesn’t apply to flights that have already been rescheduled.
Finally, the delta airlines cancel flight 24-hour period doesn’t apply to partially used & travel agent booked reservations.
How Do I Cancel My Delta Air Lines Flight?
Travelers can cancel or change their bookings by dialing the Delta change flight phone number or by visiting my trip section of the official website.
Method 1: Cancellation Online
Perhaps, Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy has offered the easiest online ticket canceling facility. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, visit a secure browser and go to Delta’s official website.
- After that, check out the My Trips option available on the top left side of the homepage.
- However, if you purchased your bookings through SkyMiles, go to the top right side and log in to your Delta SkyMiles account.
- Passengers need to enter their details on the My Trips form for all other regular tickets. For example, your first name, last name, and ticket/ credit/ debit/ or confirmation number to find your trip.
Delta Travelers can find their confirmation number through flight receipts from their registered email. Otherwise, use the ticket or credit/ debit card number.
- Afterward, submit the details for canceling or changing your Delta flight, which will redirect you to the Trip Details section.
- Next, find your desired flight and select the Modify Flight option.
- Finally, proceed with either change or cancellation and follow the rest of the instructions.
Lastly, the passengers must confirm their final details and submit the request. On the Fly Delta app, similar options will appear for cancellations.
Method 2: Cancel Tickets Over Customer Service
As per Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy, you can request cancelations and refunds over the phone by dialing the assistance number 1 (800) 221-1212. Check out these steps:
- Initially, dial the 24/7 available phone number to talk to a Delta representative.
- Wait for the IVR to connect your call. Once you get in touch with the 24/7 live travel agent, tell them that you booked a ticket with Delta Airlines and now wish to cancel it.
- Afterward, provide the reservation details ( ticket number, last name, etc.).
- Next, they will locate your trip info and check its eligibility for refund as per the delta airlines cancelation policy.
Lastly, if any Delta Airlines Flight Cancellation Fee applies to you, pay the amount and get it canceled with the travel agent. The remaining credits/ payment will be credited to your account within 7 business days.
Method 3: Visit The Airport
Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy lets you cancel bookings at the airport up to 3 hours before the plane’s departure, but the refund depends upon eligibility.
Follow these steps:
- Firstly, visit the plane’s departure airport and go to the Delta Air Lines tickets booking kiosk.
- After that, provide the staff with your PNR/ ticket number and tell them whether you wish to change or cancel your ticket.
- If not eligible for a full refund, passengers must pay the upfront Delta Airline cancellation policy fee.
- Also, if Delta airline discounts were applied to your ticket, deductions will apply to the amount you paid after using the value.
- Your cancelation and the refund amount will depend upon the fare type and whether you applied within the 24-hour risk-free period or not.
The travelers will receive the leftover money in credits or the original payment method within 7-10 business days.
How Much Is Delta’s Cancellation Fee?
Delta’s cancellation fees can be anywhere from $0- $500, depending upon your fare class, route, and date & time of canceling your flight with Delta Air Lines.
Read these terms & conditions to learn what amount would be applicable on your ticket as per the Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy:
- When you’ve booked a ticket on Delta that is refundable; no cancellation fee is applicable. You will surely receive the full amount.
- Besides, when Delta cancels your flight, it will book you an alternative flight, or Delta will refund the amount to you upon request from the passenger.
- Within 24 hours of Delta reservation, you will receive the full amount upon cancellation as a refund, even if you have a basic economy ticket.
- After this period, a fee of $99 to $199 is applicable upon basic economy fares on cancellation.
- Passengers will receive the rest of the amount as eCredits.
- If you have a non-refundable ticket and are flying outside the U.S., Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico, a Delta cancellation fee of $0- $500 may apply, depending upon the destination.
- Also, you will be charged between ~10k to ~20k miles points when you have a basic economy award ticket.
To avoid the cancellation fee of Delta, you can also talk to their executives on the customer service assistance number, and they might help you out.
Can I Cancel A Delta Flight And Get A Refund?
Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy lets you receive a 100% refund against the main cabin and above fare tickets. Basic economy cancellations may get eCredits.
Except for basic economy, all Delta travel class tickets fall under refundable tickets. As per the rules, you can receive a full refund in the original payment only for these reservations.
How to get a refund for a Delta Flight? Follow these steps:
- Firstly, connect with the Delta airlines refund policy executives over a call with the reservations phone number.
- After that, give all the bookings related details to the travel agent. For example, flight booking date & time stamp, last name of the passenger, ticket number, and whether it is an award ticket or not.
- Next, they will register your request and provide you with a request number. You will soon receive eCredits/ mileage points/ original amount.
- Delta will process your request within 7-10 business days.
With Delta Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy, file a refund request online by logging into your account and visiting the refund section to fill out the form.
Note: In coronavirus exceptions, Delta Air Line’s COVID-19 policy will allow basic economy bookings to cancel the ticket and receive eCredits after deduction of a fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
See More Delta Airlines Related Posts:
- Delta Airlines Book a Flight
- Delta Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- How Do I Live Chat with Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Vacations Packages
- Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
- What is Delta Airlines Last Minute Flights deal?
- Delta Airlines Dog Policy
- Delta Airlines Español Telefono
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta?
- Delta flight to Hawaii
- Delta flights to San Diego
- Delta Airlines Student Discount
- Delta Airlines Booking
- Delta Airlines Seat Selection
- Best Delta Airlines credit cards offer
- Delta Missed Flight Policy
- How Do I Book Multi-City Flights on Delta?
- Delta Flights to Boston
- Delta Airlines Group Travel
- How to change a name on a Delta Airline ticket?
- How do I check my Delta SkyMiles?
- Delta Flights to Las Vegas
- How to upgrade to first class on Delta?
- Delta Airlines JFK Terminal
- How Do I Get A Wheelchair On Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor
- Delta Airlines Nigeria Office Address
- How can I get a free Delta Gift Card?
- How to Get a Mobile Boarding Pass on Delta?
- Delta Flight with Flying Blue Miles