About Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
- 1 About Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
Sometimes, one has to make standard ticket changes per travel plans due to unavoidable circumstances. It may take a lot of time and effort to make itinerary changes. But with Delta Airlines, you don’t have to worry as they provide total flexibility to the passengers for making modifications.
There are certain requirements that you need to meet to make flight upgrades. But are you aware of Delta Airlines change flight policy? No, let’s understand the procedure better.
What changes can you make on Delta Flights?
You can opt for the Delta Airlines change flight facility; the airline offers free flight changes on certain conditions. Moreover, to save time and effort, one can make modifications online on the airline’s official site.
Here are the following changes that one can choose to make on the Booked Flight
- Date Change – Travel plans may change anytime. Hence, if you wish to change the date of the trip, choose the change flight option and reschedule your flight. Moreover, if you rebook a ticket, a fare difference shall apply.
- Name Change – Delta Airlines permits you to rectify your name spelling for free, but there is a limit. However, you cannot change the full name unless you have legal documentation.
- Seat Change – With the help of the Delta Airlines change flight facility; anyone can make seat upgrades for maximum comfort. However, you have 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure to change the already booked seats with a new one.
- Same-Day Upgrades – Passengers can make an additional fee to make same-day changes before the flight departure. Moreover, one can request the team to book an alternate flight the next day depending on the flight’s availability.
- Route Change – To change the destination of your trip, go to the Manage Booking section and change the trip’s route. Besides, dial Delta Airlines change flight phone number and request the representative to modify the destination on your behalf.
Guidelines on the Delta Flight Change Policy
- According to the Delta flight change policy, you can make free flight changes within 24 hours of the actual purchase.
- The policy covers changes, including date, destination, number of passengers, name, and other upgrades.
- If you change the tickets after the grace period, you have to pay a non-refundable fee of $200.
- However, the airline charges $150 for upgrading an award flight ticket.
- Flyers can request anime changes seven days before the scheduled flight departure. However, the minimum limit to change the last name is three characters.
- No one can transfer the Delta ticket to another person, even if they are a family.
- In addition, one has to pay $50 extra to change a ticket via a third party or a travel agent.
- You can buy a flexible or refundable ticket to avail free flight change facility.
- Using the “Manage Trip” feature, anyone can change the ticket’s information within a few clicks on the smartphone.
- Frequent flyer members can redeem the reward points to make flight upgrades.
- Online flight changes are not applicable for group flight reservations. In addition, you have to request the customer care team to make changes to the group flight ticket.
What is the Procedure for Changing a Delta Flight?
Anyone who has purchased tickets at the official site can avail of the Delta Airlines ticket change service to make upgrades. Moreover, there are offline or online options to change the date, destination, and make additional changes. However, the online flight change process is quite seamless and less time-taking.
If you wish to make online changes to your Delta Ticket, follow the below step-by-step guide.
- First, go to the airline’s official site to make flight changes.
- Second, fill in your login details.
- Choose the manage my flight booking option.
- Type your last name and ticket confirmation code of six digits.
- On the next page, you can view your itinerary details.
- Now, select the flight you want to change.
- The following page will show various options. For example, change the date, name, or destination. Choose the most suitable option and confirm the changes by clicking on the “Continue” button.
- At last, head to the payment page and pay the change fee depending on the Delta flight change policy.
Can I Request Flight Changes over the Phone Call?
Yes, you can reach out to the customer care team; request the executive to make changes on your behalf. Dial Delta Airlines change flight phone number and talk to the live person to seek immediate help. By availing of the change service, request name, date, and route change in no time and save the effort. To speak with the representative for additional assistance, call on the toll-free helpline number +1-860-579-6800.
Here are the Steps to Reach out to the Live Person at Delta
- First of all, dial +1-860-579-6800.
- Second, you will listen to various options.
- Choose the desired option of flight change.
- Listen to the IVR instructions carefully to talk to the live person.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Once your call is connected, one of the flight representatives will speak to you. Address your flight change concern and request them to customize your ticket.
Does Delta Allow Same-Day Flight Changes?
Yes, when flying with Delta Airlines, flyers can choose to change the itinerary details on the same day of departure. However, it requires an extra fee. The policy covers flights within Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands. Moreover, ensure that international fares and Basic Economy tickets are not applicable for same-day flight changes.
There are two options available for Same-Day flight Changes at Delta Airlines
- Confirmed Changes – Suppose a seat is left on the originally booked fare class. You can change the flight ticket for an actual seat on a new flight. However, the service is available for the Gold Medallion, Platinum, and Diamond members. The airline imposes an additional fee of $75 for confirmed same-day changes.
- Same-Day Flight Changes Standby – As per the Delta Airlines flight change policy, anyone can wait for a seat if there are no confirmed changes. Moreover, the team will charge fees depending on the seat on the requested flight. The service is complimentary at no extra price.
For more assistance and guidance, reach out to the customer care team and talk to the live person.