What is the Pet Policy for Delta Airlines?
- 1 What is the Pet Policy for Delta Airlines?
- 1.1 About Carry-on kennel Requirements on Delta Airlines
- 1.2 How much are the charges for carrying a carry-on pet on Delta Flights?
- 1.3 Book Flights for Pets on Delta Airlines
At Delta Airlines, passengers can travel with pets as carry-on or shipped cargo companions based on their size. However, there are strict rules and regulations on pet travel, which one can’t avoid following. Visit the airline’s site or speak with an executive by phone to learn about the Delta Airlines pet policy.
Terms and conditions on carry-on pets on Delta Airlines’
If you are willing to take a flight with your small pets, you must adhere to the airline’s pet policy.
- According to Delta Airlines pet policy 2022, small cats, dogs, and household birds can sit in the cabin when flying. Moreover, they can submit one-way fees at the flight check-in counter.
- In addition, your pets must fit in a small, ventilated pet carrier under the seat in front of you.
- Your pet must be at least ten weeks old for domestic travel.
- Small pets should be sixteen weeks from another country when traveling to the U.S. On the other hand, they must be 15 weeks old when flying to the European Union.
- In addition, the airline permits one pet per kennel with certain exceptions:
- i) One female cat/dog can fly with her litter if the litter is ten weeks to six months old.
- ii) There is no limit on the number of animals in the litter.
- iii) Two pets of the same breed and size between the age of ten weeks and six months can travel in one kennel.
- iv) Moreover, the airline will count pets in cabin kennels as your carry-on item on the plane. Also, you can bring one personal item in Delta Airlines.
- Household birds can board flights within the domestic U.S. But the service is excluded in Hawaii, US Virgin Islands, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
About Carry-on kennel Requirements on Delta Airlines
Delta Airline pet policy states that your pet should fit in a small carrier under the seat ahead of you. In addition, you must meet the airline’s carry-on kennel requirements when booking flights along with your pets.
- The carrier should be small enough to fit comfortably in a kennel, and the pet should easily move around.
- Moreover, you should keep the kennel under the seat in front of you on the plane.
- The hard or soft-sided kennels should be leak-proof and have proper ventilation on three sides.
- Additionally, your pet must sit inside the container while in a boarding area or airport lounge.
- Most importantly, if you are bringing a large pet, you must review your shipping pet guidelines on the official page.
How much are the charges for carrying a carry-on pet on Delta Flights?
Travelers can make a Delta Airlines booking along with small pets and fly together without any inconvenience. Moreover, the service imposes an additional pet fee, which may vary with different destinations and routes. For instance,
- U.S/Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico – The pet fee is $95 for flight tickets booked on/after February 28, 2022.
- If you have made reservations before February 28, 2022, you have to pay $125.
- The airline charges $200 for international flight bookings.
- You have to pay a pet fee of $75 for booking flights for pets to Brazil.
Make sure that the airline will charge the CAD amount when you exit Canada. On the other hand, if you exit Europe, you have to submit the EUR amount.
Book Flights for Pets on Delta Airlines
Pets are booked based on a first-come basis. Moreover, if your pet successfully meets the requirements of the Delta pet policy, you can fly together. However, you must check with the operating carrier for guidelines for flights operated by the airline’s partners. Most importantly, you must keep a check with your kennel dimensions, including length, width, and height. After that, call the airline’s flight reservation department and ask them to book a trip for your pet on board.
Are there any restricted pet breeds on Delta Airlines?
Under the Delta Airlines dog policy guidelines, certain breeds of dogs and cats are prohibited from travel. Moreover, the policy is effective from January 11, and the airline no longer accepts emotional support animal bookings on any flight.
Have a look at the restricted pets from flying on Delta Airlines.
- Snub-nosed dogs like American Bulldog, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boston Terrier, American Pit Bull, Brussels, and Chinese Pug are not allowed.
- Chow Chow, Dutch Pug, English Bulldog, English Toy Spaniel, Lhasa Apso, Japanese Boxer, Japanese Pug, and Japanese Spaniel.
- All breeds of Mastiff, Pekinese, Pit Bull, Pug, Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and Tibetan Spaniel.
- As per the Delta pet policy, cats like Exotic, Himalayan, Persian, and Burmese are not accepted along with passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions
See More Delta Airlines Related Posts:
- Delta Airlines Booking
- Delta Airlines Seat Selection
- How Do I Live Chat with Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Vacations Packages
- Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
- What is Delta Airlines Last Minute Flights deal?
- Delta Airlines Dog Policy
- Delta Airlines Student Discount
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta?
- Delta flight to Hawaii
- Delta flights to San Diego
- Best Delta Airlines credit cards offer
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Delta Missed Flight Policy
- How Do I Book Multi-City Flights on Delta?
- Delta Flights to Boston
- Delta Airlines Group Travel
- How to change a name on a Delta Airline ticket?
- How do I check my Delta SkyMiles?
- Delta Flights to Las Vegas
- How to upgrade to first class on Delta?
- Delta Airlines JFK Terminal
- Delta Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- How Do I Get A Wheelchair On Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor
- Delta Airlines Nigeria Office Address
- How can I get a free Delta Gift Card?
- Delta Airlines Español
- How to Get a Mobile Boarding Pass on Delta?
- Delta Flight with Flying Blue Miles