Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy Fee & Structure
- 1 Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy Fee & Structure
- 2 How To Book The Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel Program?
- 3 What Age Can Minors Fly Alone On Delta?
- 3.1 How Much Does Delta Charge For Unaccompanied Minors?
- 3.2 What Are The Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Requirements For Parents/ Guardians?
- 3.3 Delta Unaccompanied Minor Travel Guidelines | Terms & Conditions
- 3.3.1 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.3.2 Does Delta Air Lines allow minors unaccompanied?
- 3.3.3 What is the Delta unaccompanied minor phone number?
- 3.3.4 Can a 12-year-old fly with a 15-year-old on Delta?
- 3.3.5 Does Delta require ID for minors?
- 3.3.6 Is Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy available for international flights?
- 3.4 See More Delta Airlines Related Posts:
Do you know you don’t have to accompany your minor kids on all plane journeys? As per the Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel program, parents can safely send their minor kids alone for air travel without being with them under the watch of Delta escorts.
Under its special service, parents/ guardians can send their 5-14-year-old minors to travel alone via Delta planes. Trackable wrist bands, kids-friendly lounges, and parents authorized adult at arrival to pick up the kid makes it safe and easy for kids to take air journeys alone.
Read below and understand when and how you can use this facility for your toddler.
How To Book The Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel Program?
Parents can book Unaccompanied services by calling Delta reservations phone number. For online bookings, parents must inform the airline via phone.
Here is how to book Delta Unaccompanied Minor Travel
- Firstly, talk to a Delta Customer Service Agent at 1 (800) 221-1212.
- After that, if you have booked the minor child’s ticket, inform the airline and book a slot for them.
- However, if you haven’t bought the ticket, tell the agent you wish to use the minor’s alone travel service.
- When asked, inform the child’s name, date of travel, destination & arrival airports, and whether you opt for a round trip or not.
- Afterward, also provide the name, address, phone number, and ID details of both the parents at pick up and drop off of the minors at the airport.
However, if you’ve booked the ticket online, keep the 4- digit PIN with you. During check-in or changes to the itinerary, you must provide the same to Delta personnel checking the bookings.
What Age Can Minors Fly Alone On Delta?
Kids ≥5 old can fly alone on Delta flights. Minors up to 14 years old need to enroll in the delta airlines unaccompanied minor program to travel independently.
Delta Airlines Rules for Unaccompanied Minors:
|Minor’s Age||Flight Restrictions|
|Kids Less Than 4 Years Of Age||< 4-year-olds can’t travel alone. They must be accompanied by an 18+ adult.|
|Minors between 5- 7 Years Of Age||5-7 age kids are only eligible for direct flights.|
|Kids between 8- 14 Years Of Age||8- 14 age kids are eligible for limited non-connecting and Delta Connections.|
|Minors of 15-17 Years Of Age||Enrolling in this program is optional. If parents use it for kids, then kids can fly in limited connecting and direct flights.|
Note: Parents need to pay Delta Unaccompanied Minor Fees apart from the ticket fare.
How Much Does Delta Charge For Unaccompanied Minors?
Passengers must pay $150 in USD/ CAD/ EUR one-way amount apart from the kid’s ticket fare to use the service. For this one-way amount, Delta will provide the minor’s special service for upto 4 kids of one family. It is a one-way fee, and it will double for a round-trip.
Hence, four minor siblings can fly across the country at once. After that, the charge of $150 will apply for every kid more than the stipulated limit.
What Are The Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Requirements For Parents/ Guardians?
Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor has parental guidelines for documents, boarding, check-in, take-off, and pick-up, during the air journey.
Documents: Delta staff member will ask you for these documents during check-in. Make sure you prepare multiple copies in advance:
- License, passport, or any other government-issued photo ID.
- Also, Address proof that is written in the ID.
- Next, the contact number of the parent and guardians.
- Lastly, the adult’s name, phone number, and address are assigned at the arrival airport to pick up the Unaccompanied minor.
Boarding & Take-off: Delta flight crew will seat your kid closer to them at the rear end of the aircraft to keep an eye on the minor.
- Only the designated adult will take the child to the departure gate and stay with them until the flight takes off.
- A Delta representative will escort them to the other flight for connecting flights.
Delta Airlines Sky Zones: These are kids’ special lounges.
- The Unaccompanied Minor child will get their special lounges for all connecting flights.
- Kids get complimentary entertainment to keep them engaged during their Delta flight.
Unaccompanied Minor’s Pick Up: Delta crew will watch the kid and escort them to the designated person at the arrival airport.
- When the assigned person at arrival has changed, the parents have to inform Delta Air Lines in advance.
- Also, the pick-up person must arrive early to get a gate pass to enter the airport and take the unaccompanied minor.
- Lastly, the adult has to be at the airport before the scheduled arrival time.
Delta Unaccompanied Minor Travel Guidelines | Terms & Conditions
It has set some rules to ensure the safety of kids traveling alone on Delta Airlines. These are as per notifications from the US Department of Transportation.
When booking flights for your kids, make sure the bookings follow these conditions:
- Firstly, all the kids must have reservations as per an adult’s fare.
- Also, parents must not book codeshare flights with Delta.
- Besides, delta airlines’ unaccompanied minors program is available only for domestic and international flights under Delta.
- You can use this service on Delta, its connection, Air France, and KLM flights with strong partnerships with Delta.
- Afterward, don’t book the day’s last connecting flight for your kid.
- Unaccompanied minor delta service is unavailable on Red-eye flights that fly between 9 PM And 5 AM. Hence, kids aren’t permitted to pass on these bookings.
Exceptions to the red eye flights rule include a connecting flight not available from the airport for international flights. Also, when domestic short-haul flights are for 2 hours or less.
Lastly, bookings within Alaska and Hawaii are permitted when there is only one connection, and it’s the last flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
See More Delta Airlines Related Posts:
- Delta Airlines Book a Flight
- Delta Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- How Do I Live Chat with Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Vacations Packages
- Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
- What is Delta Airlines Last Minute Flights deal?
- Delta Airlines Dog Policy
- Delta Airlines Español Telefono
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta?
- Delta flight to Hawaii
- Delta flights to San Diego