Delta Airlines provides special facilities and a comfortable journey for minors and children flying alone. Moreover, the team will give a trackable wristband, SkyZone lounge, and a personal attendant for children for a comfortable journey. However, there are certain restrictions on Delta Airlines unaccompanied minors travel.
Age Restrictions for Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Travel
- 1 Age Restrictions for Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Travel
- 2 How to Book Delta Airline Unaccompanied Minor Flights?
- 3 How much are the fees for Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel?
- 4 What documents are required for Unaccompanied Minor Delta Travel?
As per the Delta Airlines unaccompanied minors policy, children of different age groups have different sets of rules for flying. For instance,
- Children under four and below years cannot fly alone. But they can travel along with an adult who is at least 18 or above year old.
- If your kids are five to seven years old, they can travel on selected nonstop flights.
- In addition, the unaccompanied minor service is optional for kids under the age group of 15-17 years.
- Kids between 15 to 17 years may board selected nonstop and connecting flights.
Terms and Conditions on Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Delta Airlines imposes certain rules and regulations on unaccompanied minor travel. If you plan a minor trip, go through the following guidelines and enjoy a seamless experience.
- Delta Airlines Minor Policy states that the travel of minors is accepted on Delta and Delta connection flights.
- Minor travel is mandatory for children between 5-14 years not flying in the same compartment, which is not adults.
- Moreover, travel is not applicable for the last connecting flight of the day.
- You can book flights for minors under an adult fare.
- Minor travel is not eligible between 9:00 pm and 5:00 am or Red eye flights.
How to Book Delta Airline Unaccompanied Minor Flights?
Passengers can book Delta Airline unaccompanied minor flights online or by phone. Moreover, if you book flights via a call, you can give a direct call to the airline’s customer service phone number. After that, share your personal information and details about travel requirements.
- You have to tell them the child’s name, date of travel, and flight booking number.
- The parent or legal guardian’s name, address, and contact number who will bring the child to the airport is required.
Moreover, you have to provide a four-digit PIN at the time of making a flight booking. You can use the PIN when making any itinerary changes due to last-minute changes in travel plans.
How much are the fees for Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel?
Delta charges $150 each way for booking flight tickets under minor travel at the time of flight check-in. Moreover, the fee will cover up to four children from the same family. It applies to travel within the United States and internationally on nonstop and connecting flights (plus the adult ticket fare). Additionally, it depends on whether you want to pay the fee for a one-way or round trip during check-in.
What documents are required for Unaccompanied Minor Delta Travel?
An adult can make a flight reservation at the time of check-in and pick up the child at the destination. Otherwise, the airline will cancel the scheduled flight. You need to submit the following documents when booking flights under unaccompanied minor travel.
- A photo ID license and passport
- Phone number
- Name, address, and phone number of the adult picking up the kid at the final route.
- Several countries, including Mexico, Italy, South Africa, and Brazil, ask for a letter from the legal guardian. Moreover, it should state the permission for the minor to travel alone or with someone who is not the parent.
- In addition, an adult has to accompany the minor to the airport departure gate and stay till the flight leaves. Children must sit in the rear of the aircraft so that they are close to a flight attendant.
- The airline will ask for the person’s details when booking flights that will pick up the child at departure.
- Suppose you wish to make any change in the person who will pick up the child. In that case, you have to provide new information by dialing 800-325-8847 and talking to the airline’s official team.
Frequently Asked Questions
See More Delta Airlines Related Posts:
- Delta Airlines Seat Selection
- How Do I Live Chat with Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Vacations Packages
- Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
- What is Delta Airlines Last Minute Flights deal?
- Delta Airlines Dog Policy
- Delta Airlines Student Discount
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta?
- Delta flight to Hawaii
- Delta flights to San Diego
- Best Delta Airlines credit cards offer
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Delta Missed Flight Policy
- How Do I Book Multi-City Flights on Delta?
- Delta Flights to Boston
- Delta Airlines Group Travel
- How to change a name on a Delta Airline ticket?
- How do I check my Delta SkyMiles?
- Delta Flights to Las Vegas
- How to upgrade to first class on Delta?
- Delta Airlines JFK Terminal
- Delta Airlines Español