Are you aware of Delta’s companion policy? Do you wish to combine flight reservations? Travelers may combine Delta reservations, but there is no guarantee that the airline will treat it as a single reservation.
Delta features an upgrade policy and lets passengers combine a flight booking for two people. Moreover, the airline has undergone some changes in its upgrade policy in 2016.
What is a Delta Upgrade Policy for Companions?
- 1 What is a Delta Upgrade Policy for Companions?
- 2 Does Delta Combine Reservations?
- Medallion members flying on the same flight reservation can request upgrades, depending on the status levels. Moreover, the same applies to both first class and Comfort plus upgrades.
- Diamond Medallion members with a Silver Medallion membership are entitled to a first-class upgrade at least 120 hours before departure. After confirming a flight booking, the airline will upgrade you and the companion to the Comfort plus class cabin.
- Suppose you both have made separate reservations for the same flight. In that case, you can choose the “Links” button by calling on the Delta SkyMiles desk at 800-323-2323. After that, your companion will be able to apply for upgrades.
- In addition, Medallion members flying on a Comfort Plus can clear an upgrade at the desired window. Non-companions booked on separate reservations are entitled to the Comfort+ upgrade advantage facility.
Does Delta Combine Reservations?
There may be a possibility that you book tickets and someone wishes to fly with you under the same reservation. Moreover, the person may be a friend, family member, or colleague.
Generally, you cannot expect Delta combine reservations always. But the airline may allow you to link your travel tickets under certain conditions.
Important things to keep in mind while combining flight reservations on Delta Airlines
Before applying for interlinking your flight reservations, you must check out the guidelines. Moreover, the airline will not let you combine flight bookings if you fail to meet any of the conditions.
- The class of travel should be the same
You and your companion must have the same flight reservation class when combining bookings. Suppose you have booked flights in a Premium Economy and your companion is flying in an Economy class. In that case, you can you will not be able to combine reservations. However, if you still want to fly together, you have to cancel your entire trip and purchase tickets in the same travel class once again.
- Flyers must have an upgrade certificate
One or more than one companion must have an upgrade certificate. However, if you don’t have one, contact the airline and request them to provide certification to combine Delta reservations. Furthermore, the team will get back to you and offer complete assistance along with better solutions.
How do I Combine Delta Reservations?
Now you know about combining flight reservations and their requirements. Do you now wonder how I combine Delta reservations? Flyers can call on 1 (800) 221-1212 to combine a Delta Airlines booking under the same travel class in no time.
If you are willing to combine reservations by availing of the airline’s customer service, follow the below steps.
- First, launch the airline’s official site on your web browser.
- Second, reach the bottom of the page.
- Now, press the ‘Contact us” option, and you can move to the customer service page.
- Click on the “Additional Assistance” button and check out the menu in the same window.
- Next, keep scrolling the page until you find your area-wise contact number.
- Once you find the correct helpline numbers, check out the team’s operation hours and working days and reach out to them accordingly.
- Finally, an executive will get back to you and help you with combining flight reservations.
Does Delta make any changes to the Upgrade Policy?
Delta is improving its companion upgrade policy for someone booked on separate flight reservations linked together.
Here are the changes that the airline made in the past years.
- Suppose a Medallion and non-status companion have made separate reservations. In that case, the non-status companion will be entitled to Delta One and First class upgrades.
- Diamond members and the non-status companion will be applicable for upgrades beginning 120 hours before departure.
- Whereas, if a Diamond and Silver are flying together on different bookings, linked together can clear the respective windows.
- Most importantly, Comfort+ has no changes in the upgrade policy for Comfort+, which remain unchanged to date.
Frequently Asked Questions
See More Delta Airlines Related Posts:
- Delta Airlines Booking
- Delta Airlines Seat Selection
- How Do I Live Chat with Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Vacations Packages
- Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
- What is Delta Airlines Last Minute Flights deal?
- Delta Airlines Dog Policy
- Delta Airlines Student Discount
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta?
- Delta flight to Hawaii
- Delta flights to San Diego
- Best Delta Airlines credit cards offer
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Delta Missed Flight Policy
- How Do I Book Multi-City Flights on Delta?
- Delta Flights to Boston
- Delta Airlines Group Travel
- How to change a name on a Delta Airline ticket?
- How do I check my Delta SkyMiles?
- Delta Flights to Las Vegas
- How to upgrade to first class on Delta?
- Delta Airlines JFK Terminal
- Delta Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- How Do I Get A Wheelchair On Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor
- Delta Airlines Nigeria Office Address
- How can I get a free Delta Gift Card?
- Delta Airlines Español
- How to Get a Mobile Boarding Pass on Delta?
- Delta Flight with Flying Blue Miles
- Delta Airlines Pet Policy
- Book a flight without a passport
- How to Book Delta Red Eye Flights?
- How much does Delta charge for bags?
- How Do I Check My Flight Status On Delta?
- Delta flight to Costa Rica
- Delta Airlines Lost and Found
- Delta Airlines Baggage Policy